1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:00:55 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I want to test out my powers," Zac told Doug. "That big plum tree was mainly Bulu. Let's see what I can do on my own, yeah?"
    Zac pulled out a brown envelope, which rattled with the seeds from the Vital Spirit festival.
    "Seeds from the festival," he explained. Likely the youth had his own bag. Nobody had reported growing them yet. They could be anything. Maybe another plum tree?
    "You see anywhere good for planting? Somewhere a bit open, in case it, uh, gets out of control."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:08:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"I can get behind that, but, uh..." Doug said as he looked around, scratching at the back of his head before staring up at Zac's awaiting face. "... Nevermind."

Maybe he was hoping Giratina would like the tree so much he would pop out. No point in questioning the choice of location.

"Lucky for us, whoever made these didn't care much for bein' efficient with the space." Doug said, noting the wide, random paths that largely made up the cemetery.

He dragged his gaze up to a crag that precariously pushed out and into the open air, away from the rest of the peak.

That looked pretty cool. Dramatic, too.

"How 'bout there?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:13:26 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"That's one hell of a spot, Doug," Zac said, pressing a hand against the cemetery cliffside. Wisteria vines slipped from the cracks in the rock face, spreading and thickening until they wove a climbable path to the outcrop above them.
    "This is what I was talking about," Zac said, pulling himself upward, "It's all power and no control." 
    Surely Doug had noticed by now that things just grew around Zac now. He could focus it, sure, but it was like trying to cut a stick of butter with a space laser. 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:20:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Thanks. We gonna get some flyin' pokemon to get us up there, I assu-" He began to say, before Zac slapped the cliffside and a vine bridge came into existence.

Doug whistled in response, not sharing Zac's apparent disappointment in his lack of control.

He had noticed, of course; Anyone who spent even a second with the man in nature (and you were 99% likely to find him there) had probably noticed... And it was pretty awesome. It wasn't something that could really hurt people (for the most part), so the youth had just taken it as a Zac thing now.

"Yeah well, it's pretty awesome power. Don't sweat it too hard." The youth said with a laugh as he stepped onto the vine bridge without bothering to test it, either a testament to his trust in Zac or to Doug's reckless stupidity.

Probably both.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:34:48 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Up the cliff and out across the hanging bridge. Zac trusted the thumb-thick vines more than the crumbling cliffside ledge. "I'm not complaining," Zac chuckled, "just goal setting, you know?"
    "You remember in the contest where 's Rillaboom moved the eggs with a vine? That's the sort of control I want, Doug. At this stage I'd likely grow the whole bloody tree another foot taller!"
    The jut was scattered with scraggly weeds, and cut with deep cracks. Zac found a patch of soil close to the middle of the outcrop, and dug a little divot with his hand. "This looks pretty good, ay? Plenty of sunlight, and the cliff will take the worst of the West wind."
    Zac shook the seeds out of the packet and into the hole, poured a little water from his canteen, and mounded the loose dirt back over them. 
    The emerald ribbons of Zac's Grassy Terrain circled them like summoned spirits, and he pressed his hands to the spot.
"You ever do any gardening Doug?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:50:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug hummed with a nod at that, the memory fresh in his mind; such careful treatment of life had been worthy of praise for him. Luckily for Melody, he was a judge. Unluckily for her, 's miracle of Pokemon sociology blew everything in the competition out of the water.

If Zac could manage the same and use it to help people-

"'M all for it, man. Got any idea how to train, though?" He said, glancing over at Zac as they finished climbing the vines and making their way through the bridge. "Guessin' practice alone hasn't helped much."

If it were like any other skill, he imagined Zac would be bending forests to his will by now.

With the process of planting the seed out of the way, Doug dropped on his ass and crossed his legs before silently watching as Zac worked what could quite literally be called his magic, green ephemeral ribbons hovering about the seed as Zac's palm covered it fully.

"I've plant'd a Passho or three." The youth said somewhat boisterously, leaning back onto his arms. "Why? Need anythin'?"

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 2:02:20 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Training hasn't done much," Zac confirmed, "though my garden is going absolutely gangbusters."
    "Passho? You going for those Z-Moves, ay?   
    As they talked, the scraggly grass that dotted the outcrop expanded into a thick carpet. The tender roots crisscrossing beneath them surged with strength, mining into the core of the cliff. The wisteria flowers that formed the bridge bloomed violently, cascading downwards in a gaudy waterfall of luscious purple blooms.
    The seeds did nothing. 
"Huh. Okay. Well, that's...unusual." Zac said. It was hard to make any definitive statements about how his Avatar powers should be working, but it sure as hell seemed  like growing a couple of seeds should have been right up his alley.     Zac pulled his hands away from the unmoved mound.
    "...any guesses?" 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 2:11:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Can I hire ya to do that for m'wedding?" Was Doug's response as he stared wide eyed over the edge of the cliff, staring at the waterfall of purplish blooming flowers and other assortments of plants with a large measure of awe. "Carnations, preferably."

If Zac's garden was looking anything like this then gangbusters was an understatement.

"No, but really, what the hell? Have ya been holdin' back on me?" Doug said as he slowly pushed back to his feet, turning around to see just what kind of tree the seed had grown into.

An invisible one, apparently.

"What." Doug said, probably echoing Zac's inner sentiment, his brain finally registering properly Zac's earlier question.

The youth cupped his chin, brows furrowing tightly together in thought as he considered all possibilities.

That is to say, one possibility.

"Uuuh, Tapu Bulu is a cheap-ass cow who won't let'cha grow his fancy special seeds with his own powers because reasons?" Came his guess a second later.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 2:21:35 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Sure, any color you had in mind?" Zac asked, stepping back to admire the lack of a tree. "It'll have to be an outside wedding, though. I don't want to be the one responsible for destroying a church this time."
    "I could call him here and rub his bloody nose in it, but I don't think that's the problem."
Zac said, scratching his beard. "Legendary powers tend to clash, or cancel out, right? So maybe this is from some other plant or forest legendary."
    Celebi? Shaymin? Regardless, there was an easy way to solve the problem. "Looks like we'll just have to do this the old fashioned way." Zac took a final look at the patch of bare dirt, now encircled by the lush grass. It looked like a tiny, eggless nest. He nodded to Doug in a 'lets get out of here' way, and walked back along the wisteria bridge.     

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 4:42:21 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this mountainscape cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are shaderoot carrots: a long twisted vegetables black with gloom.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in MT. PYRE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Cemetree [Social]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 4:43:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: